Saturday, December 02, 2006

More Molly

Molly, Ginger and Grendel (clockwise from left)

















Molly decides that Gren's ears aren't clean enough.











I miss my smiling dog - every time I'd come in the back door, she'd be grinning at me (as she plotted how to get outside and run away for a couple of hours). The day I took her to the vet, she stood on the metal table, looking out the window, and then cased the joint - standing up on the windowstill to see if she could open the window and peering into the wall vent looking for alternative means of escape.

She was sweet, but those wheels never stopped turning. One of the biggest things to hit me is the act of leaving the screen door open off the kitchen for fresh air. I haven't done that since June 2001 when I found out the hard way that Molly could force it open. And no one has peed in the living room for a week.

Wait a minute - just why do I miss that dog?

No comments: