Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bomba the Jungle Boy



Back sometime in my childhood, my siblings and I inherited a box of children's harcover books from our neighbors, the Carovillanos. I don't remember if I ever read this, although chances are I did, because I read pretty much everything in the house with printed words and a cover that I could reach.

I was one of those kids that could not fall asleep without a book. I would drag the old Book of Knowledge up from downstairs until my mother got smart and put it in the hallway outside my room to save on my nocturnal roamings. Given that this was a set purchased for my father, and copyrighted sometime around 1933, it was a bit odd to read, but if there was nothing else I hadn't read around but the dreaded "Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories" or those encyclopedia volumes, it was a no brainer. "Uncle Arthur" was BORING.

No comments: